Leading with a Positive Mindset: Workplace Management of Anger and Stress
Do you fear feeling frustrated and hopeless and unable to change yourself and your surroundings? Learn practical anger management and stress-relieving tools provided in this 1/2 day-workshop to help eliminate the problem at its source right now! This course imparts a new mindset in organizational thinking that can help to enhance individual and team performance.
At the end of the course, the participants would be able to identify the causatives for anger and stress in workplace and interactive discussion sessions would enable them to come up with suitable management techniques to become resilient through positive psychology.
• What is anger and what is stress and how are they related?
• How it affects you?
• Positive Mindset: Self-awareness.
• Identifying signature strengths.
• Recognizing warning signs, triggers & thinking patterns.
• Breathing techniques.
• Relaxation methods: Deep Relaxation Technique (DRT).
• Understanding anger and its effects on the body, mind and soul.
• Outlining Stress – What is Stress, Different types of stressors at the micro and macro level, Silo mentality at work where stress impacts; Your needs, goals and aims; Personal reflection.
• Mapping Causes of Anger and Stress- Personal and professional triggers, nipping stressors at its bud, learn how to use a stress/anger log to identify and create plan to reduce or eliminate them.
• Recognizing Symptoms of Stress – Identifying physical, emotional, cognitive and behavioural changes in co-workers, customers, superiors and self.
• Rational to Responses and Reactions – Exploring your own ways of dealing with pressures as well as stress provoking professional situations.
• Learning to manage anger without extinguishing it.
• Relaxation and breathing techniques to relax body, mind and soul- Techniques to change distress into eustress and for future self-monitoring.
4 Hours (half-day)
Who Should Attend:
• Anyone who is working in a high-pressure environment and can be from any field, background, level or industry.
• Senior managers, Managers and supervisors and Team Leaders & Managers
About the Facilitator:
Dr. Kavitha Palaniappan holds a doctorate degree in Allied Health Sciences with specialization in Environmental Health Engineering. She has been with the University of Newcastle in Singapore since January 2010. She has more than 12 years of research experience and her fields of research include environmental exposure assessments, psychosocial illnesses, sleep disorders and sleep enhancement using alternative therapies and nanotoxicology. She has given several talks pertaining to work-related stress, their impacts on productivity, their management through transformational leadership and work organization at several international conferences. She has also conducted a hands-on workshop on Deep Relaxation Technique (DRT) at the Annual Summit on Sleep Disorders and Medicine, San Francisco, USA in 2015.
Methodology / Delivery Mode:
• Presentation of basic concepts
• Facilitated interactive discussion
• Group sharing and evaluation
• Sharing of experiences
• Role-playing activities
This workshop would consist of two-way interactive sessions with engaging discussions, guided group exercises, role-playing, participative activities, games and thought provoking self-assessment tools. All the components of this workshop would change the participants’ views about anger and stress.
A Certificate of Participation will be awarded to participants who meet the 100% attendance requirement.
Please register with your full name to be printed on the certificate.
Programme Fees & Discounts:
Course Fees: $150 (excl. GST)
• Early Bird Fee (Register by 16 March 2018): $100
• 10% group discount for 3 and more pax from the same organisation
• 30% off for individuals with student pass
• 20% off for SAPE members
Continual Professional Development:
SDU Points - Subject to approval
Closing Date: 20 March 2018
For further information and/or clarifications, you may contact Ms Sunita at +65 6221 3306 ext 114 or email: email@example.com
Limited seats available, so hurry!